RESTORING TO AN ALTERNATIVE MACHINE
Often times, there is a need to restore to a machine different from the one that was used to perform an archive. The following steps explain how you can do this:
- Delete existing jobs within the desired Archive(s)
- Jobs are tied to machines. Thus the existing archive and restore jobs tied to the existing machine must be deleted. To perform this, open the Archive or Restore screen (screenshot attached).
- Then click on “Delete Jobs” in the Restore Action Toolbar. This will delete the existing archive and restore jobs.
Close the Restore screen.
- Add new jobs
- To add a new job, simply click the Restore button in the Main Page. You will be asked to select a machine for archive and restore as the current jobs have been deleted.
- Now you can select the new machine you wish to restore to.